13.8.2008

Bad news:

Well, everything went fine, I had the cb-6000 on me all night, no troubles during the sleeping but in the morning it hit.

Little pinch and then some more, I took the device off and looked it more closer. I noticed that the seam under the cage was splitted. Not fully splitted though, but the way it had a small gap in there which got my skin hurt. After I tested it with some thin paper, I noticed that the split is someway open around the half of the cage.

This is just my luck, waited the arrival of device around a month and after ~40 hours of usage, it's no good. I've treated cb carefully, not thrown it around the walls, not used hammer or anything on that, but it's not usable anymore. I quess it's one of those "friday parts".

I've contacted the seller and now waiting the answer, how the replacement could be done. Luckily A.L Enterprises offer a year quarrantee for their products. Now I'll have to see how that works.

I already readed some cb6k splitting issues around the net, and it seems that it's not _so_ uncommon, eventhough it should be better nowdays what it was at first. Also noticed that someone suggested supergluing it, but I think that I'll wait and see how seller / manufacturer responds.

Pretty pissed off now, actually wondering do I really want that kind of risk near my private parts. Reason to choose cb6k was the design, compact size and lightness, didn't wan't a heavyweight thing there. Though now I'm wondering would it be better, atleast it would be more safe.

Luckily I did not get severe bruises and thank god I had the key with me. Well, now I'll be back in old fashioned self-denial for some time.
This indeed is a Journey.

Ei kommentteja: